Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Meal Plan Late!

I know, its Wednesday. I had a meal or two left over so I didn't get this together on time this week and I only made it to the grocery store yesterday. So here goes:

Meal 1: This was easy, Grilled Sausages ( cheesy metwurst for Jeremy and Chicken, asiago, spinich ones for me) The ones I eat are from Sam's and are awesome! The package acutally says gluten-free, they have a ton of flavor and only 110 calories per sausage! Anyways, I digress. I just grilled these and cooked some french fries in the oven. Not a very healthy meal but it was quick.

Meal 2: I actually never got to the Chicken with Marsala Mustard sauce from last week so it made it to this weeks list.
Meal 3: Slow Cooker Pork Tacos
4 lb Pork Roast
5-7 Tomatillos, diced
1/2 vidalia onion, diced
1 Can of diced tomatoes
3-6 jalapaneos depending on how spicy you like it
1 pkg of taco seasoning
Chicken stock or water

Rub the pork roast with the taco seasoning and put everything in the slow cooker on low for about 6-7 hours. (mine cooks pretty hot so if yours doesn't you may want to adjust the time). Now I would say "shred" the pork but it usually just falls into pieces! Yum! I serve on warmed corn tortillas but if you aren't GF you can use flour ones.

Serve with rice, refried beans, sour cream, cheese and other toppings you like on your tacos.

Meal 4: Tilapia with a Shrimp "stuffing"
This one is going to be a trial. I will make pockets from aluminum foil to put the fish in. Probalby season with cajun seasoning. Chop up shrimp, oh and don't buy the expensive ones, the tiny ones will do since you are chopping them. Mix in GF bread crumbs and parmesean cheese and I will probably add some herbs. place that mixture on top of the tilapia. Put a dash of white wine in the packet and close up. Be sure to roll the ends up. Place on grill or in oven for about 15-20 minutes. Oh, the oven would be at 350 if you are doing it that way.

I will serve with yellow saffron rice and a veggie or a salad. Haven't decided yet.

Meal 5: Chicken Saltimbocca with seasoned potatoes


2 comments:

Amy said...

Are you gluten intolerant or just rather not eat them? Just wondered when looking at some of your recipes. I like the pork taco recipe. That would be good when I go back to work. I love coming home to a hot meal with little work!

Erin Jackson said...

I am gluten intolerant. I will say though as a disclaimer to check all my recipes and the ingredients you use in them if you have Celiac's b/c I am not as sensitive as someone with it. We love slow cooker meals at my house!