Friday, February 25, 2011

Sugarcreek MetroPark



...
Last weekend on one of the warmest days this season, Jeremy, the dogs and I set out for a new park....new to us anyways. While I miss hiking in the smokies, I have found some nice areas around here to go. This was no exception.....

The trails are very nicely marked and there is a lot of water running through the park, which is something I like...the sounds and the sights.

Somoa likes the creek crossings and almost always dips her feet in as she crosses.....Rosco on the other hand usually does everything he can to stay out of the water.

These ducks were quite intriguing...but way too shy of our pups!

This weird knot in this tree made me wonder what it had grown over.
I told Jeremy that I kept getting pictures of him without his eyes b/c he was looking down....not sure this goofy smile is what I had in mind....but then again, it is kinda cute.

This is the osage orange tree tunnel. Apparently back in the 1800's people planted these trees extremely close together to form a sort of fence. They have since grown over the trail and made an absolutely beautiful little tunnel. I want to go back to see this in the spring!


Rosco and Jeremy had to pose on top of this fallen tree. 
Then Jeremy made me pose.....then I decided to never again take a photo with my hair all pulled back like this....I look bald!

This little fuzzy catepillar almost got nixed when Somoa decided to jump down the creek bank and then back up it. I think he was okay when we left.

This was a look down the creek....I am guessing Sugarcreek....since the name of the park and all.
These last two show Rosco and his true love of the water.
Jeremy decided to "take" him out into the creek. I realize that the first photo he kind of looks like he is enjoying splashing through the water....trust me, he's not. 
The second photo is more characteristic....

Can someone help me get off this rock?

No comments: