Monday, September 13, 2010

Meals from last week, hopefully they can be yours for this week!

Last week was a flurry of activity and I am still exhausted! Monday being a holiday and all, I don't think I cooked. Honestly I don't even remember! I have a horrible memory! I know our friends made us dinner of lamb chops and yummy potato salad either Sunday or Monday night. Anyways, on to the meals I did cook, sometime during the week.

Meal #1
Pizza Pasta-This was made out of necessity and what I had in the house. Just boiled rotini pasta. In a seperate pan cooked up 1 lb ground beef with 1 Tblsp Italian Seasoning and some fresh garlic. I chopped up a bunch of pepperonis I had in the fridge and added those too. I would have added mushrooms or peppers but didn't have any. After the meat is cooked I added a jar of Ragu ( I know, real fancy!) Then when the pasta was cooked added it to the pan and about 1 cup of shredded Pizza cheese. Voila! Dinner.

Meal #2
White Wine Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean Bundles
This was actually what Jeremy wanted for his birthday. Its one of his favorite things that I make, but somehow we didn't make it that day.
Chicken
Boneless Skinless Chicken seasoned with S&P, rolled in breadcrumbs and placed in a glass baking dish. Bake for about 15 min at 350° . Pull out of the oven (won't be fully cooked) add 3/4 cup white wine to the baking dish and cover chicken with sliced muenster cheese. Cook for another 15 minutes or until cooked through.
Mashed Potatoes
I have no measurements for this, but about 3-4 Idaho potatoes uses about 3 TBSP butter and a healthy scoop of sour cream. I also add Tony Cachere's Cajun Seasoning.
Green Bean Bundles
First place 5-6 slices of bacon on a baking sheet with a rack. Cook for about 10 minutes (You do not want the bacon to be cooked through) Use fresh or canned Whole Beans and grab a handful making sure they are all parallel. Wrap a bacon slice around them overlapping the bacon and place back on sheet. Pour a little bit of Catalina dressing over each bundle and cook till bacon is crisp.

Meal #3 Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Found here on allrecipes.
I did make the following changes though. I substituted all box chicken stock for the water and can of chicken broth. There is absolutely no reason to precook the chicken. I put frozen pieces in there and they were fantastic! I also didn't use black pepper, I used cayenne b/c we like things a bit spicy!
Also, I was lazy so I didn't make my own tortilla chips. I had a bag.
Serve with cheese, fresh cut cilantro and a dollop of sour cream! Super yummy!
This was by far the easiest meal of the week. I think total time was like 15 minutes....and it smelled awesome walking in the door from work!

No comments: