Monday, April 20, 2009

Frieda and Lots of Brown Eggs

So its been a while since I have written anything but I have more fun reading everyone else's blogs. I have been trying to relive my childhood for a couple of months by finding a local farm that I could get brown eggs. I know, Kroger sells them. I don't want Kroger eggs, I want farm eggs! So, off to Findlay Market I went this weekend with my nephew Caleb in tow. We found a great dozen of brown eggs, paid for them and a beautiful orchid and set for home. Well, much to my surprise my mom also sent back an assortment of eggs with my sister. I now have 2 dozen eggs including guinea and bantam eggs. Looks like we are eating brinner a couple of times this week!

Also, I am dying to clean out our fish pond. I did it way too early last year and shocked all the fish which then killed them. Jeremy is making me wait. Till memorial day! I can't do it. I have to get my wisdom teeth taken out this week though so I guess I can't do it this week. Anywho....we have a frog. Not sure where she came from but we started seeing her last year. Yes, I said she. I looked it up. SHE is a Northern Green Frog and the circles next to her eyes are the same size as her eyes which makes her a she (the boys are bigger) hehe, snicker. So my friend Andy decided she needs a name....thus dubbed Frieda. Frieda the frog. Its awfully close to being fried the frog. Yikes! Maybe I should consider a name change!

No comments: