Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Ride


This is Leroy. He greeted me as I drove up to the house. He looks and barks big and mean but he's a big baby. He also likes to lean, which at 150lbs + starts to become a problem if you aren't paying attention.

Betsy took me riding today. I was terribly excited since its been about 6 years and one horse kick since the last time I went. I think the horses were pretty excited too.


This is Faith. I rode her. Sweet girl. Lucky for me, she doesn't like to be dirty so I didn't have to brush her too much.


Faith getting her reins on.

I took a picture of Lou too, which is the horse Betsy rode today but dagonit I still need that new lens! It was a little too dark. So instead we have this picture of Betsy!

We had lots of fun and are planning to drag the boys out to go with us sometime soon. The horses got some apple treats and a wet rubdown when we got back. The apple treats smelled so good I have to admit I was tempted to try one myself! Next time I will take the camera on the ride because the trail we went on had some beautiful scenery and wildflowers. Happy Memorial Day!


2 comments:

Kat said...

Is the "one horse kick" the incident involving my crazy horse?? I still feel bad about that and was telling Andrew about it the other day. I have no idea what got into him! I am sorry...still...even though it was a while ago. He is still in time out. I'm so jealous! I need to get a good horse ride in soon!! :) Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

Aw cute puppy and beautiful horse! I followed you over from a comment you made at PW. We seem to have a lot in common! I have WAY too many hobbies and I also noticed you've got a couple of gluten free blogs on your roll :) I'm a gluten freer (not by choice). Anyhow, nice to meet you.
Jessie at Blog Schmog