Monday, August 16, 2010

Meal Plan for.....oh I forget!

Its been a few weeks since I have posted these and my sister informed me today that she uses them and I needed to keep posting! (I am pretty sure she is the only one but here goes!)

1.Taco Night
Pretty self-explanatory.....I make taco meat with 1 lb ground beef and McCormick Taco Seasoning(its gluten free b/c they use Potato Starch instead of Wheat flour or MSG or icky stuff)
Corn Tortillas
Lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, cheese...the usual suspects
Heat up some refried beans(check these for gluten ingredients too....I buy ones out of the actual hispanic section) add some cheese and hot sauce and keep on low

2.Chicken Cordon Bleu with Balsamic Glazed Carrots
Boneless skinless breasts-pounded out to 1/4" thickness
Deli ham and swiss
Dijon Mustard
Bread crumbs if you have them ( I freeze the ends of my GF bread when I buy it and process it in the food processor and keep the crumbs in the freezer)
Take chicken and place slice of cheese and ham in the middle and roll up. Put seam side down on a plate. Once all are completed, brush outside with Dijon mustard and coat in breadcrumbs.
Cook in tsp of olive oil in a medium skillet until chicken is cooked through or in a 350 oven for about 20 minutes.

Balsamic Glazed Carrots--I know the recipe calls for hazelnuts but I didn't want to buy those at the grocery so I skipped that step!

3.Asian Inspired Salmon and Quinoa
I honestly hope I remember what all I did with this one. I had a piece of nice salmon I got on sale so I just put some LaChoy Soy Sauce(GF) on it with about a tsp of ginger and then sprinkled brown sugar on the top. I let this sit while I got the quinoa ready.

I used the regular quinoa but red would work just fine. First, dice up 1/2 onion and a clove of garlic. Saute these until translucent, then follow the box directions. I used the package directions substituting Chicken Stock and soy sauce for water. DO NOT use more than 1/4 cup of soy sauce to 1 cup quinoa.....its wayyy too salty. Anywho....I also had a zucchini, so I diced that up and added to the mix at the end. I also cut some green onions on an angle and topped the whole dish with those.

The Salmon just got grilled until done.


Fortunately for me, my birthday was last week and we went to Outback on Friday. As for the other day.....I can't for the life of me remember what I made or if we just ate out. I think the latter might have been true. I've got another week coming though....not to mention this week, which I have to get to planning. Hitting the grocery store tomorrow night folks!

No comments: